|Treasures - Edwardsville Cathcart's Cafe|
In the 1930's, Cathcart's Cafe was "the main place for high schoolers." It was located on East Vandalia Street at Brown Street. It was also a popular restaurant for travelers along U.S. 66. They had a long counter and three or four nickel slot machines. Customers' cars were parked all the way up to St. Boniface.